We are new at this PD thing. We are not doctors ...not trained therapists. We are not Web gurus.
We are, however, passionate, rather informed, dedicated and interested in creating an intentional culture of hope and community to serve PD peeps and caregivers alike.
The thoughts and information provided on this blog are the truths and facts stated to the best of our knowledge. If we make an error, please let us know, we are only human after-all ; )
The opinions and facts stated by "commentators" and/or guest bloggers are their own and do not necessary reflect the views of Mo+Tami.
Trust, but verify.
Be nice. Be kind... to yourself and others. Please avoid profanity (unless you really mean it lol).
Basically (*Cliche alert*)... "Do unto others, etc. etc."
Don’t feed the trolls. We will do everything in out power to push them under the bridge. If one gets out, let Mo know, he has a big stick somewhere in the garage. If you see something, say something.
If your post is deemed inappropriate or offensive by Mo+Tami (and yes we will be judge and jury) your post will be removed.
Please don't promote your own brand or product. If you have a product you want to rave about , go for it... if it is your product or you work for the company selling the item/service, send it to Mo+Tami and we will list it on the resources page after a little research/review.
Applicability and third-party websites and services.
Information Collection on the Service.
We may collect information about you when you register for and use the Service. Such information may include "Personally Identifiable Information" which means information that identifies you as an individual, such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, username or account ID, and "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" which means information that does not identify you as an individual. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, information about your browser, your IP address, device ID, what pages you visit on our Partner Sites, which website you came from, what advertisements you clicked on, whether on our Partner Websites, the Service or other third party websites, and other information about your online activity that does not identify you as an individual. The ways in which we collect, use and share both your Personally Identifiable Information and your Non-Personally Identifiable Information are described below.
· Personally Identifiable Information: We collect Personally Identifiable Information about you when you provide such information in connection with the Service such as when you register for the Service or when you send us an email. If you access the Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, Google or Twitter, by "following," "liking," or linking your account to the Service, that third party may pass Personally Identifiable Information to us in connection with your account.
· Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may automatically collect and use Non-Personally Identifiable Information when you view and interact with the Service, Partner Sites or third party sites using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, log files (described further below in the Cookies and Other Technology section) and other similar technology. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to your browser information; device information, including unique device identifies ("UID"); location information, including IP address, GPS information; and other information about your use of the Service, your actions on the Service, Partner Sites, or third party websites , such as information about the content you viewed or interacted with, what pages you clicked on, what images or articles you viewed, whether you clicked on one of the advertisements, date and time information, navigation and click-through information, and other information about your online activity.
We may combine such Non-Personally Identifiably Information with Personally Identifiable Information like your name or email address or other information that could be used to identify you in order to provide you with relevant advertising when visiting or using the Service, Partner Sites, third party websites or to send you email advertisements. We treat this combined information as personally identifiable information.
Information Collection on Partner Sites and Third Party Sites.
We may receive and collect information from Partner Sites or other third parties. This information may include information about your usage of the Service on Partner Sites, including, but not limited to, the User Content posted on a Partner Site or other information about your interaction with a Partner Site. Information Collected from Partner Sites or third parties may be Personally Identifiable or Non-Personally Identifiable.
Cookies and other Technology.
· Cookie Information: When you visit or use the Service, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets SRBW help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service and Partner Sites (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take) and allows us to track your usage of the Service on Partner Sites over time. We may use both persistent cookies, which remain on your hard drive after you close your browser, and session cookies which terminate when you close your browser. If you have questions about disabling cookies, you should consult with your browser's manufacturer. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
· Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, Partner Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
· Clear Gifs/Web Beacons Information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users. We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links or advertisements are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service and for us to provide you with advertisements that may interest you.
Targeted Ads and Analytics Services.
We may, and we may engage third parties who may, collect information, by using technologies such as cookies and web beacons, across various websites and devices, for the purpose of delivering more relevant advertisements on our behalf, or on the behalf of third parties, to you on the Service or third party websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for our Service, Partner Sites, or other third party websites, and the advertisements you view or click on. Information that may be collected includes, but may not be limited to, information about the websites you’ve viewed and advertisements you’ve interacted with, your IP address, date and time of interaction, your ISP and browser type, device ID, unique cookie recognized on your browser (“Cookie ID”), and the information associated with such Cookie ID. We, or third parties we engage, may combine this with Personally Identifiable Information like your name or email address or other information that could be used to identify you, which may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising, including by email, targeted to your preferences and interests derived from your interaction with the Service, Partner Sites or other third party websites, and to better understand your interactions with the Service, Partner Sites and other websites. To learn more about this type of targeted advertising (also called interest-based advertising), analytics services and your choices, including how to opt-out of some interest based advertising, advertising networks and ad servers, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com or http://youronlinechoices.eu/, DAA Consumer Opt-Out Page, NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page and Google’s information page.
You can also refuse or disable cookies already stored cookies via the settings of your browser as follows:
For Internet Explorer, click here
For Mozilla Firefox, click here
How We May Use the Information We Collect.
The information that we collect about you, both Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information, may be used by us, or shared by us with third parties, in any manner and for any purpose permitted by law.
We may include combining your, Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address, device ID, a unique cookie recognized on your browser, or information associated with such Non-Personally Identifiable information, such as, device location, browsing history, whether collected on the Services, a Partner Site, or a third-party site with your Personally Identifiable Information, such as your email address, whether you provided it to us directly, or to a third party partner we engage . We, or third parties we engage, may use this combined information to send you information and advertisements, including by email, about our products or services or the products or services of third parties.
We may also share this information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, including but not limited to, sending you more relevant advertising emails or offers for goods and services that may interest you. If you do not want us to share your Personally Identifying Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, account information, and User Content (as defined below) if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena, or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, account information, and User Content if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect yours', ours' or others' rights, property, or safety, or to investigate fraud.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale or company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We may collect and retain any comments or other content you send, post or provide through the Service ("User Content"); we treat this information as Personally Identifiable Information when it is combined and stored with Personally Identifiable Information. In all other cases we treat it as Non-Personally Identifiable Information, even where the User Content itself may identify you.
Following termination or deactivation of your SRBW account, we may retain and continue to use the information we have collected from you, including User Content, indefinitely.
User Content posted to the Service is available to the public and may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your User Content, and by using the Service you assume the risk that your User Content may be viewed and used by third parties. If you remove User Content from the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
SRBW reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the User Content you post on the Service. We reserve the right, and Partner Sites also reserve the right, to remove any such information or material for any reason or no reason, including without limitation if in our sole opinion such information or material violates, or may violate, any applicable law or our Terms of Service, or to protect or defend our rights or property or those of any third party. SRBW also reserves the right to remove information upon the request of any third party.
California Privacy Rights.
The Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or knowingly allow such persons to participate in services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us.
International Data Transfers.
Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information that SRBW collects may be transferred to and stored and processed in countries other than the country in which you reside, which means that laws different from the laws in your country may apply. SRBW may transfer Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information to the United States of America. By using the SRBW Service, you consent to the transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information to other countries including the United States of America.
SRBW and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
SRBW' accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, SRBW remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless SRBW proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We encourage you to contact us using the information provided below should you have a Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) complaint. For any complaints that cannot be resolved with SRBW directly. As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. SRBW subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at firstname.lastname@example.org